Spraying of facades and roofs
Van Heemskerk can spray your entire steel roof sheeting professionally, giving your roof or facade a second lease on life. Recoating offers many benefits and is often cheaper than replacing the parts. The elements themselves are often intact; it is often only the top coat that causes problems when the service life has expired. We are fully conversant with the majority of paint systems and can provide a solution for every application. We can repaint from a standard class to, for example, C5 maritime / offshore requirements. In our own paint mixing department and lab, we can produce any desired paint system. Respraying your facade or roof offers many benefits and is already a tried and tested solution.
Roofs and facades are usually susceptible to a great deal of contamination, and the action of rainwater is often not sufficient to wash this away. UV radiation is also often a major culprit. Many steel roofs or facades have so-called HP plastisol coatings; which are PVC-based coatings. These old types of coating are very sensitive to UV radiation. The plasticizers disappear from the coating so that the coatings become brittle and hard. If a part breaks off (usually on the cut edges), this is when the problems start. This process is accelerated by weather conditions, rain, wind, hail, etc., eventually resulting in large surface areas of the top coat becoming detached.
In many cases, we use a water-based hybrid product that is extremely flexible and has already proved its worth in coating sheet piling and sandwich panels. This product is extremely suitable for spraying roof panels, spraying roof sheeting, spraying wall panels, spraying roof tiles, etc. The product has extremely good coverage, can achieve a high coating thickness, enhanced flow and exposure time, is fast-drying, fills well and is characterised by extremely high durability, optimal elasticity and excellent colour and gloss retention. It is widely used as a durable top coat on pre-painted sheet piling, sandwich panels and profile plating. Moreover, the incredible elasticity of this hybrid product offers an incredible resistance to the thermal effect of underlying materials such as sandwich panels. We can process the product in any desired RAL colour.
If desired, we can also completely replace / renovate your roof. In other words, we always provide an optimal solution!
Our way of working:
- Inspection and survey free-of-obligation
- Honest advice
- Subsequent fast offer
The work consists of:
- High-pressure cleaning, removal and degreasing of individual parts and, where necessary, scrubbing the surface by hand using a biodegradable cleaning product. This ensures that surface to be coated is sufficiently clean and degreased. After the surface is dry enough, the paint system can be applied.
- Masking off parts that are not to be sprayed (frames, partitions, conduits, doors, obstacles, etc.).
- Applying an undercoat / primer that acts as a sealing coat.
- Applying a top coat, sealing coat over the undercoat.
- The product is sprayed airless (no air, only material). This minimises spray mist.
- This is also an environmentally-friendly method of application that meets safety and health requirements.